Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Mail Art

Hi everyone I saw in an art magazine mail art and thought I would try to create a piece. Opps! It wasn't until I finished the piece that I realized I didn't leave space for postage. So instead of writing the address on my piece I lettered the recipients name so he can hang it on his bedroom door or wherever. I decided to send a larger envelope as I decided to put some coloring pages as well as clip art and other goodies for a budding artist/crafter so it works out putting the piece in a larger envelope instead of on the front..


I was experimenting with Stazon Ink. I stamped directly from the pads on white card stock. I used Brown Timber, Festive Red and Rusty Brown. After stamping I didn't have regular alcohol so I put Vodka in a spray bottle and sprayed my piece. I then while it was still wet placed another piece of card stock on top and ran a brayer over it. My second card stock piece has more of a water color look to it but is more permanent than water colors. I was pleased to see that by spraying with alcohol the ink bled covering the white spaces.  The Festive Red was too bright so since I was experimenting I went ahead and brushed Walnut Gel stain by Americana.  By the way this is a fun gel stain to play with on paper.

I drew the banner in PhotoShop. Then after it was printed cut it out. I went ahead with a black Sharpie and edged it. The mail art had a regular tag for the address but I wanted to do something different. As I said at the beginning I decided to just free letter the person's name on it. I'm not sharing the name here as I want it to be a surprise.

The Happy Halloween is sticker letters which have been in my stash for over a decade. I took the letters I wanted to use and stuck them on a deli sheet. I then eBrushed the letters with a bronze Sharpie. The bonus is I now have the  deli sheet to use in another project. :-) 


I stamped the Just For Fun coffin onto card stock. I used a color pencil to color the wood. A friend gave me Tulip Fabric markers and I decided I wanted to see how they work coloring so i used them for the inside of the coffin.

The skeleton hands were stamped on deli paper and glued down with Mod Podge so they became more transparent..

After everything was glued down with Mod Podge I then went and brushed Mod Podge over everything to seal it.

Have you ever created mail art?

That's all for now. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)