Saturday, October 29, 2016

Frosty Window

Hi everyone I've been busy helping someone move and needed to take some time to relax. I created this card and will be entering it in the 164th Monday magazine challenge. Details can be found here:http://papercrafterscorner.com I will also be entering this in the One Crazy Stamper October challenge. Details can be found here: http://onecrazystampercom.blogspot.ca/2016/10/fallwinter-fun-release-high-hopes.html

 I don't know how long the DecoArt Snow Writer has been in my stash unopened. :-( When I found the High Hope Frosty Window stamp in my stash uninked I knew it would be a perfect image to try the Snow Writer on. I think my sister must have given the Crystal flakes and I thought they would add a sort of icy crystal look.  I was pleased at how easy it was to use the Snow Writer. I've tried other brands of snow and have been disappointed.



I figured it was beginning to be the time of year to bring out my Darice snow embossing folder. I rubbed a Stazon Teal Blue ink pad on the folder indented side. Then embossed as usual.

I colored my snow people using the colors in the Paper Corner challenge inspiration magazine cover.  I had so much coloring with my pencils.

For the word JOY! I took stickers in my stash. Normally I would have colored them with markers but figured the green color was perfect for this card. I stuck them down on deli paper first so I could run them through my embossing machine using a star embossing folder. Originally I was going to keep them on the deli sheet but changed my mind.

My card base is white and since my embossed piece didn't totally fill the base I went ahead and took a Spectrum Noir marker and drew a green line.

One Christmas card done and about a dozen more to go. ;-) Do you create Christmas cards?

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job.
    That is a great folder. This card is adorable.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I like your snowy window and have never heard of that product before. I just bought that same snowflake folder. Yours is done up so pretty. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the Snow Writer on this super cute image! Thank you for joining our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)