Saturday, November 14, 2015

We Three Wise Men In A Waterglobe

Hi everyone I have today a Christmas card using the three wise men on camels. I love this stamp and it is the perfect size to fit into the Waterglobe Woodbase.



I took purple card stock and used a Paper Studio embossing folder. Then I took transfer adhesive and brushed over the embossing. Once that was dried I used opal DecoFoil.  I had a difficult time trying to get a good photo which showed both the embossed background and the wisemen.

Here is another photo which shows the stamping better. I stamped the woodbase waterglobe and then airbrushed the background with blue and purple glitter markers. Then I stamped the wisemen on camels stamp. I painted the sand with gouache. The woodbase of the waterglobe was colored with a pencil.

It was tricky using Plaid Gold Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.. I masked off the wood base but if you look you may see where it went under the painter tape a little bit. The waterglobe must be a dollar store one. ;-) For some reason the gold glitter came out heavier covering up the stamped stars.I still like the extra dimension that Dimensional Magic creates.

To finish it off I cut a circle out of black card stock. Also I decided to not use a sentiment.

It was fun using the gold Dimensional Magic but I think if using it over a stamped image that using the clear and then lightly sprinkling glitter while still wet would work better.

If you make cards for the holidays do you have your cards done?

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


1 comment:

  1. Stunning card. I love that you put your wisemen in a snowglobe. So creative my dear. Hope all is well; you're pretty quiet these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)