Friday, November 27, 2015

Do You Have Your Cards Made? Production Line Cards

Hi everyone sorry I've been missing in action but been busy with projects for the design team. Have one more card to make for an extra post in December. Than it will be starting next year's projects.

Also I had the dreaded apartment inspection. I thought for sure I was going to be busted when the apartment manager opened the refrigerator. Luckily nothing fell out. The next day I cleaned and organized it. What can I say I'd rather be crafting than cleaning any day. This year the whole apartment passed with flying colors. Now I can relax until next October or November.

My sister liked so much a card front I made with the snow person that I decided to make a few cards production line. Usually I do individual cards with every card being different. These have some subtle differences. Especially since I had to salvage them after a few stamping disasters. I couldn't understand why the forest was not stamping nicely like it had done in my first card. I discovered later that Stazon Ink and acrylic paint don't like each other. :-( Or at least the paint I was using. After all my painting, crackling,texturing,etc. I decided to see if I could salvage them. I think I actually like the first three fronts I salvaged with part of my stamping mess showing through tissue wrapping paper better than the one I painted on the back side of the tissue paper after stamping.

I had so much fun painting,airbrushing with a marker, using molding paste, and using one step crackling. Not to mention stamping with two Just For Fun Stamps. :-) I'm so in love with this snow person.

Each snow person was stamped and heat embossed with black powder. Then colored with water colors and cut out by hand using scissors and an xacto knife. I also love how the DecoArt One Step Crackle medium created my ice. I've used other crackle mediums but I have to say I'm impressed with this one. Plus the price is more affordable.

Stamps used are:
Pine Forest
Classic Snowman

Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to adhere the printed sentiment image I modified in Printshop so it would go with these cards.

Are your cards made? Stop by tomorrow when I'll have a card posted using a shaving cream background.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi...wondered where you had gotten to and so now I know the rest of the story. :)
    Great cards. Waiting to see the shaving cream technique.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)