Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Playing With The Acetate Tissue Paper Technique Plus Video

Hi everyone! First of all I must apologize for how long the video is. Alas I am still trying to learn how to edit in my video program and couldn't figure out how to trim more of the video. Also trying to figure out how to use the web cam for making videos. Also I didn't realize that the flower frame was animated. Note to self do not use it next time you make a video. I forgot to mention in the video that the color mediums and tissue paper is applied on the back of the stamped acetate.

I will be sharing two cards which has the technique used in the video. The first one I did the background with thinned paint. The second card is using the piece I did in the video which was cut out with a Spellbinder die later. The layout of the card is this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge.

Here is the first card:

I decided to cut a narrow frame out since I wasn't thinking about framing when I stamped on the acetate. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of notepaper I found at a thrift store. I liked the music at the one side and the bottom has a teapot which I'm sure will find its' way in another project. I don't remember who makes the sentiment stamp.

Here is the Mojo Monday sketch:
I invite you to see what you can do with this sketch.

And here is my second card using the stamped flower from the video.
Originally I was going to use a blue card base but after doing the background I changed my mind. In my stash of pre-made card bases I found this green one. Most of the pre-made card bases I have left are in the orange and gray families so I was surprised to find this one.

The background was done with Memento Teardrop Sorbet inks stamped on plastic and which was misted with water and then my card stock smooshed around. This is actually the back side as I decided I liked it better.  I didn't realize the card stock was still damp when I set it back down on the plastic after I colored the ribbon so the card stock picked up the green.

The hydrangea stamp was a few years back a monthly stamp featured at Michaels. For something like $5 I just had to have it. ;-) The video shows how this image was colored.. I used a Spellbinders die to cut it out as well as the scallop circle beside it. I love how the circle next to the stamped image turned out by using the smallest circle die to cut out the inside.

I was experimenting with micro-beads and a stencil. I used rubber cement but some of the beads rubbed off. :-( Perhaps the glue for applying foil will work better. I do like the added texture and since I have a few bottles of these beads which I bought on sale I would like to find a way to use them and have them stay. I may have to buy Creative Medium as before when I was playing the beads stayed on with that.

The butterfly was one I had stamped to scan into my laser printer so I could use foil. Argh! The ScanNCut cremated the antennas when it cut them out. I can't fault the machine though as my Cameo has done the same thing with butterfly images. I used scrap floss and knotted it for the head and antennas I sprinkled turquoise Brusho Colour Crystals.over the stamped image as well as some Perfect Pearls then misted it. When it was dry I heat embossed with clear embossing enamel. I had forgotten that I had accidentally put some white embossing powder in the jar so I got  some white specks.

The butterfly is from Verve's Happy Place stamp set. I am so in love with this butterfly. I will see if after I clean the blade for the ScanNCut if it will cut the stamped image like it should. I can see in my future a lot of fun projects besides foiling and using color crystals using this stamp.

In the video I used alcohol ink but I liked it better when I did this technique with thinned paint. The original instructions said to use re-inkers but I don't own any. If I decide to do this with alcohol inks again I'll mix them first on a craft sheet with the glue and then finger paint them

Time to go grab yourself a cup now and watch the video if you are interested in how to do the acetate and tissue technique. If not that is all right but I really would like some feedback besides making the video shorter. Lol!

Temperature is back in the triple digits. :-(  Good thing I took the advantage last week of cooler weather and went on adventures with my two dogs instead of doing a lot of crafting. Although I did last week do some experimenting.with Brusho Colour Crystals and stencils.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


  1. Well, I didn't hear a train, so you must be happy. Lovely cards and it would indeed be nice to see what the Brushos would do. Great video. TFS.

  2. Such cool cards. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!


Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)