Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Mojo Monday 411

Hi everyone a new week and a new sketch layout over at Mojo Monday. I spent a fun afternoon yesterday playing and then today putting the card together. I also was playing with using color buttons for a personal challenge. I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to do the card but wanted to use a Tim Holtz stamp image that I had stamped on acetate playing around last week. I also wanted to play with distress paint as they seem to be one of the most neglected items in my craft room.

Here is the sketch for this week.
Here is what I came up with:
 I used corrugated paper which I bought in a roll for the background. I used my eBrush with a couple of Spectrum Noir markers and a gold Sharpie. Then I brushed with a sponge iridescent paint over it. I could not get a good picture of the background without getting glare from my stamped image. :-( I stamped on acetate using a Tim Holtz stamp. Then turned it over and finger painted using distress paints. I stamped in the wet paint but because it was still wet when I added the tissue paper the stamping disappeared. Using the distress paint I did not get as opaque a look as I got previously using different mediums.

I looked at my stamp and picked up a scrap of card stock and stamped on that. That is my piece on the left side. I love the result that I ended up with.  I will definitely be using a piece of plastic as my palette and stamping with distress paint in the future.Since I had left over paint I did finger paint on some scrap acetate and used the stamp on that also. This time I let it dry and love the results I got so that will be used in a future project.

A year long challenge group I belong to this week has the challenge of using color buttons. I have a ton of pale pink buttons which I never use. The yellow green button was actually pale pink to start out with but my eBrush air brush machine and a couple of Spectrum Noir markers changed that. The pink button also started out as pale pink but Recollection Raspberry Pearl embossing powder changed that.  If you are going to be heat embossing plastic buttons be careful you don't melt the plastic. The other button came from a bag of buttons I bought at a thrift store. Alas several moves back I got rid of my button collection thinking I wouldn't be needing them as I no longer sewed.

I was going to foil my ribbon but alas it did not work. I'm thinking because I had the laser printer set to the eco mode. At least I now know I can print on ribbon using my laser printer. I was a little worried about messing up the printer but then thought why not after all I did purchase insurance which would cover the printer if something bad happened to it. Now I know that it works I can't wait to print on other things besides plain paper. ;-)

Have you ever printed on something other than paper?  If you stamp what things have you used in place of ink to stamp with?

Time to go fix some dinner and after eating to clean up my playroom again. I swear that when I'm away the cleaning fairy comes into the room and instead of cleaning starts playing with my things. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the fun colors and those fab buttons. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)