Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mojo Monday 407

Hi everyone as promised I would be doing a Mojo Monday card. I had a few wonderful days in the mountain although I can't really say that the weather was that much cooler. I also got to visit with a good friend's mom who is like my other mom who is in rehabilitation.

To be honest the sketch for this week was a real challenge for me. Not because of the sketch itself but because I just couldn't get things to look right. I ended up taking off the doily I had used and some pleated ribbon as I didn't like it. Of course in the process the card stock tore but the ribbon  all the way across covers that up. :-) It also covers the chunk out of the bottom pattern paper as that was a scrap.

Here is the sketch for this week:

Here is what I came up with. After making modifications and ending up having to use clear Zots to put the stamped acetate on the card I like it. Of course because the clear Zots  showed I had to add some bling. Also another challenge for this week is using Stickles and or Liquid Pearls. As my friend Beth knows I only have two bottles of Stickles. Lol! .only two bottles of Liquid Pearls also. For some reason with all the other things I have in my stash those two products are not high priority to buy. Without further ado here is my card for this week.
I did not notice in the sketch that the two panels were not as wide as the card base so I don't have a border. Of course I already explained about the ribbon going clear across.  As I said I did not like how the doily looked so I went with a flourish instead. It echos the flourish I think in the bottom pattern piece.

The papers used are from the Mariposa card stack which I'm ashamed to say I've had for a few years now but seldom use. The bottom paper was a scrap and I tried to cut it as high as I could without the chunk cut out of it showing on the final card. That dictated the height of the all over butterfly piece. 
Alas you can't see it in the photo but the all over butterfly card has beautiful gold embossing on it.

The blue panel is Brusho Color Crystals sprinkled on a piece of scrap card stock and then the Siphon adapter used with my airbrush filled with a mixture of window cleaner and Perfect Pearls. I discovered that the Perfect Pearls mixes better using the window cleaner instead of water. Using water the adapter clogged. :-( I wish I could have captured with my camera the gorgeousness of the panel. 


Both the scallop circles at the top right and the flourish on the left was cut out of scrap card stock using my electric cutting machine. Then Stickles applied.



The stamp used here is by Cloud 9. I have had the set for a few years but have only used a couple of the stamps in the set. :-( I stamped on acetate using Jet Black Stazon Ink. I was afraid of messing up stamping directly but I wanted the background to show through. The glue I tried to apply the plastic with although it appeared to hold the plastic when wet did not when it dried. I was out of glue I usually use for gluing plastic to card stock. It was the small Zots to the rescue. Only thing I don't like is that although they ae clear they do show. :-( Gems from my stash and the circles covered where the dots were used. Because the adhesive on the gems is not that good I also used the Zots to adhere those.

There you have my Mojo Monday card for this week.  If you are a stamper have you ever stamped on plastic? If you haven't I encourage you to try it sometime. You do have to use a ink like Stazon.  I have been known to color using markers on the backside of the stamped image. You can get a nice stain glass look that way.

I encourage you to join in on the Mojo Monday fun. It is fun to see what you can do and a great way to start your week. http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/

I make no promises but I'll see if I can make a video using the Brusho Color Crystals and posting here. Until we meet again wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Great card. I'm curious about the windex with the pearls. I must try that. You are such a wealth of information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Love that shimmery flourish. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)