Thursday, July 2, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone looks like the hot weather is here to stay so I will be either cleaning,organizing, or crafting. I still have not gotten to a store to buy spray paint for my old toolbox nor have I started on my inspiration board.

I have enjoyed doing sketches but thought it would be fun to do something else. A friend wanted to use the clipboard which the house and card base were in so decided to make a card. Originally I was going to use a window stamp and have a face looking out the window. However I used the face on something else and when the Home Sweet Home banner was offered as a free file by Silhouette I decided I wanted to go with that. I decided to forgo using the window with shutters stamp.

Drum roll please!

 The sky was airbrushed on the card base.  The sun was stamped on a scrap and then cut out by hand. I used my airbrush with stencils for the roof and the bricks. The window was cut out of a scrap. The lace in the window is some I bought over thirty years ago when a fabric store was closing. I have no idea how many yards was on the card board but it was a lot.

The scallop awning cut out of another scrap and airbrushed and then colored over with a blender pen to give a faded weather look. The flag is free clip art which I did a print and cut. If you put American flag in search you can find all kinds of free clipart. I adhered the bottom of the staff down and then used adhesive foam to lift the flag up. The butterfly is a stamp I've had for decades. I recently found it again when I was sorting and  purging my stamps.  I was playing with Brusho Color Crystals which came in the mail today to color the butterfly. It didn't come out like I had planned but I do like that the stamp lines show through. I did go ahead and use Iridescent Medium on top. I used foam adhesive to lift the butterfly off the card.
I took the banner file from Silhouette and turned on print cutting lines in the Studio software. I then printed in with my laser printer on yellow card stock. I think I should have cut it out first before doing my foiling as the cut part was not perfect. I used DecoFoil rose gold foil.

I hope the couple I'm sending this card to will like it. They just moved into a new home. He is a veteran who flew the flag at their old place so I thought he would enjoy seeing a flag.

If you are where it is hot stay cool! For those who live in the U.S Happy 4th of July! Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


1 comment:

  1. What a darling project that will certainly be loved by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)