Friday, June 19, 2015

Silhouette Tool Box Card

Hi everyone can you believe it two posts in one day for me. Believe it or not Father's Day is Sunday here in the U.S.A. Back in June of 2013 Silhouette had as their free file of the day this cute tool box card. At the time I was in the midst of moving and in fact my poor son helped me move into my apartment on Father's day.  I forgot all about the file last year but recently while looking through the Silhouette library I saw the file. I thought what better thing to do than to make up a card for my son. It is especially fitting since my son is a mechanic. What can I say you have to let your kids do what they want to do. Besides that someone has to keep our vehicles running. ;-) I'm going to let my granddaughters write inside and give the card to their dad.
If anyone asks those screws were a royal pain. In fact I ended up losing a couple before I could get them on the card so had to cut more. Originally I was going to use silver foil on some of the pieces but I was having a difficult time trying to get the glue on so the foiling wouldn't look like a mess. Then I remembered I had some silver card stock so was going to use that. Instead I found adhesive mulberry silver paper and figured that would be even better.

This was an easy quick card to make. I hope my son likes it.

Have a great weekend! Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. How stinkn cute is that? Glad you refound your file

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)