Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Mojo Monday Sketch 402

Hi everyone here it is the middle of another week. I was busy Monday finishing off a card for another chalgelenge and wasn't sure how I was going to do my card. I had been playing with my kaleidoscope software program but decided to not use my images. Here is this week's sketch.

 Here is my card and as you can see I followed it fairly closely this time. Although I didn't  place my elements on a separate panel so that there was a border.  I realized that would not allow me to have much ribbon sticking out from the smallest circle.
I don't normally do pink but I had a large enough piece of this fuschia pink to make the card base and the glitter circle card stock to make the small circle as well as the pink striped card stock for a mat for my circle with the flower cut out. I also have tons of white card stock scraps so took the opportunity to use a piece of that for the doily shape.The circle with the cut out was .left over from a project years ago. I 'm trying to use more of my scraps and this layout was perfect for doing that.

I used Silhouette circle frame file for my doily. I just deleted the inner circle. After it was cut out I stamped with Ranger water proof ink my sentiment from Verve. This is my favorite sentiment. I figured it was perfect since I was adding a circle with a cut out flower. I then took pan metallic water color paint and painted. It was too red looking so I  painted with white water color. I love how it . softened the black ink I had stamped with. After the doily was dry I stamped using a small flower background stamp and Memento Angel Pink ink. I wanted the stamping to be subtle.

For the middle circle I drew a circle in my cutting software and then modified a flower  file for in the center, This card stock was from an experiment years ago writing with chalk and then letting the paper soak in a tub of water. The paper  ended up being distress looking and after smooshing my cut out  around on my craft ma t which had thinned down Distress paint it became even more distressed looking. I then sprinkled gold Perfect Pearls on it while it was still wet. I just wish I had not been as heavy handed with the Perfet Pearls. The striped card stock is left over Learning Center card stock I bought  at Dollar Tree several years ago. I have lots of scraps of it because I used it one year for making Christmas cards. I cut it with a Spellbinder die.The gem was in my stash. In this photo it looks more washed out.

The small circle is cut from a tiny scrap of left over pattern glitter paper. Although you can barely see it I also cut out a scallop circle with my eBsser.


I  wasn't thinking when I did my stamping  of the sentiment and deciding what size to make everything so ended up using narrower ribbon. (Yes, my dear friend Beth I really do use ribbon once in awhile. With these sketch challenges more often. ;-) ) I decided since the gem is teal and the striped card stock has white in it to go ahead and use those colors. Although I'm not into pink I like the combination of a bright pink and teal. What do you think?

Be sure to check out Mojo Monday blog and  if are not really into doing challenges take a deep breath and join in. I would love to see what you do with the sketches and I know others would also.
http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/

I was so busy creating this card that time got away from me. It is past dinner time. Good thing I have take out on speed dial. ;-) Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, this card totally rocks my world. Maybe it's the ribbon--wink. I'm packing up my stamping stuff and deciding whether to keep my ribbon or not. Maybe I should jump on the band wagon and join you. You followed the sketch to a tea. Love the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so lovely! The different circle cuts are so uniquely beautiful.Thanks for playing along with Mojo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)