Monday, March 23, 2015

Altered Playing Card Week 26

Hi everyone here it is week 27 in the altered playing card challenge our last week and I'm a week behind. The theme was to do monochromatic cards. I used my printer to print my image as a monochromatic image on the first card but I just couldn't bring myself on my second card to also print it out as a monochromatic image. Both images are from The Graphic Fairy.site. I did crop the first image. I didn't have any cute whimisical stamps like Claudine has so went my own direction.
You can't see the background I created because the lace stencil and washi tape covers it up. It was an experiment and alright but just alright.After adhering my paper down I took a piece of lace which I have saved to use as a stencil and my airbrush. I love how nicely most lace works as a stencil. As I said I took my image and using my printer turned it into a monochromatic image. After she was glued down I took washi tape and framed her. While cleaning I found a stamp set with a couple of different letters of h and the word appy so decided to stamp on the washi tape. My teal blue did not show up so I went with black. I meant to edge the card with teal blue ink but accidentally picked up the black. Since I stamped with the black I think it pulls things together.

For this card I took a scrap of vinyl wallpaper to use as my background. I took a lilac color of dye ink and changed the background color. Then I mixed up gouache paint to stencil my flowers. For some reason the flowers look more blue here to me than they are. After I was through stenciling on the wallpaper I used a purple Glaze pen to outline the flowers. Then I used Liquid Pearl to make my centers.  I printed and cut my lady out. Then I placed a piece of washi tape on a piece of tissue wrapping paper to make a scarf for in her hand. I used a scrap of the same wrapping tissue to stamp my sentiment on. I love how the stenciled flowers with the pearls shows through the paper. I edged with one color the card but it really didn't show up so I went with Stazon Royal Purple. I think this is one color I'm going to have to buy reinker for. Lol!

There you have it my cards for last week. While I was playing with the wallpaper I learned that I can use my airbrush with markers to change the color. This would be a great way to use leftover wallpaper or wallpaper found either on sale on at a thrift store. I often find wallpaper  and wallpaper borders at thrift stores.

I was hoping I was going to be able to share a picture of  my new paper sorter but alas one of the pieces was broken so I'm waiting for a replacement. In the meantime everything which was in the file cabinet is now stacked on my cutting table. :-(. I'm hoping the replacement  piece which is suppose to be here this week will not be damaged also.

Off to find some things I want to use in this week's altered playing cards. I'm sad knowing this is the last week but I do have some personal challenges to catch up with. Talking about challenges I was pleased that my altered medium Twinchie was a winner in the eBrush competition. 

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Nice to be rewarded for having fun. :)
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congratulations on winning. You must be so proud. I love your Dance to Your Own Music. Great image and decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)