Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bunny Shaped Card

Silhouette offers a free file every week. Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with the file when I download it. Often I'll just use a part of it or use it in a totally different way. That is the case with this week's file. It originally was designed to be sewn as  a bag but I decided to make it into a card.
After welding the head to make a card I cut everything out of white cardstock. The inside ears and mouth is colored with chalk. The pupil of the eyes and nose is colored with a marker. I used buttons for the eyes and Scrap Floss for the whiskers. I curled the ears forward to give him a little bit of character.  I think this would be cute if a person had flocking to add.

I don't know what I'll be working on next although I have a file I would like to cut out and turn into a card. In the meantime I will be helping a friend move.  Then after that is over hopefully I can get back to my crafting.

Wishing you  Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. He turned out so cute. I love the jaunty ears. As you say, gives him some character.
    Good luck on the move. Drive safe and come home to more crafting.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable. Flocking indeed would work well. Good luck with the move. Only two weeks until I move. Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you done the freebie file. That was the direction I will take also. I sew, but I just didn't want to sew this and would prefer to make a box. You done great!! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)