Thursday, August 9, 2018

Embroidered Butterfly Card

Hi everyone my air brush no longer worked right. It would work and a minute later just up and quit. I decided to replace it and it finally came yesterday. Alas my embroidery thread I ordered is lost somewhere so I was happy to get my eBrush. Especially since the metallic embroidery thread I bought at Walmart was too frustrating as the thread kept breaking. I should have remembered about the thread from years ago when I used it for sewing by hand.

I tried to embroider on paper and all went well until it got to the butterfly's antennae. :-( When the paper ripped. I bought at a thrift store black Sateen material so decided to use that.  Now that I've tried it I know if I embroider on it for pillows I will need to do adjustment so the fabric doesn't pucker. Being the frugal person I am I went ahead and cut the butterfly out.

Without further ado here is my finished card.


I used my airbrush with markers to color the butterfly and card base. I also colored the body of the butterfly by hand. I sewed  sheer fabric from a curtain sample book I bought at a thrift store. Then used glue dots for the butterfly.

The weather has warmed up to triple digits so I'll be staying inside working on my sewing area and craft area as well as doing some playing. :-) I've missed my play time.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)