Pickled Potpourri very generously supplied the design team images to use and it was fun picking out three sets and seeing what I could do. Of course with Valentine's Day quickly approaching one of the cards I did was for that. I did two cards this time and although my inkjet printer was not cooperating I still have my hair and now lots of scrap cardstock to play with. LOL! As if I didn't have enough.
I printed my base with the red border. For some reason it printed out larger so part of the border is folded over to the back. At least I finally got the border to print red.
I was asked to use one of the border files from Pickled Potpourri so after doing some playing in Silhouette Studio I went with this background as it sort of looked like a paw print. In the background set there is three different images. The cute dog and sentiment is from the "Fluffy Friends" set. By the way many of these sets come with several different words or sentiments so are very versatile and the price is right. 😃
After I printed out my focal image I used red crochet thread to stitch the stem, leaf, and flower to give more definition since everything was printed in purple ink.( My camera for some reason always sees this color as black.) Also for some reason my printer didn't print the stem as a solid stem which it is.
The cute fluffy dog was colored with a pink coloring pencil. My pink glaze pen for some reason decided to leak all over the place. But fortunately before I used it to go over the letters of smile. So I used a clear glitter pen.
I duplicated and flipped one of the rose corners. Then using Silhouette Studio I centered my sentiment between them. I then added a shape I had in the studio library and did an offset to place the images on. Lines set to print and I was good to go. I did make the lines a little thicker in studio in order to get good foiling. Just so you know if a printed image is too light or the lines too thin you will not get good results foiling. For foiling I print on a laser printer.
Although it doesn't show in the picture I went ahead and used Stazon Cherry Blossom ink on the edges as I don't always get as clean a cut as I would like. Yes, you can change the color of foil including household foil with Stazon ink. You just need to remember to seal in between colors if using more than one color.
The rose corners are colored with color pencils. The leaves were actually colored with a gold pencil but I was wishing I could find one with a brighter gold color.
I did not have the stencil I used for the background until last week. A friend dragged me into a thrift store and there was the Dreamweaver metal stencil. I looked at it and knew the x's and o's would be perfect. I did have to cover up the Kisses and Hugs in the center with my focal piece. By chance last month I also found Dreamweaver gold paste at Goodwill. 😀 LOL! Going to thrift stores is like a treasure hunt as I never know if I might find something which has been on my wish-list.
The red card stock for the background and the pink for the mat has been in my stash for years so this challenge was the perfect opportunity to use them.
There you have it red, pink plus purple and red, pink plus gold. I really hope you will join in this challenge it would an excellent way to get some Valentine's made. Who knows you may also be the lucky winner of the gift certificate.
Thank you for stopping by. Also thank you Pickled Potpourri for providing these fun images to use.
Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!