Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Joy Ornament

Hi everyone over at JFF we are having a Christmas in July challenge. I love making Christmas cards as you can see from my last two posts and this challenge gives me a jump start. I love the Joy ornament stamp and can see a lot of possibilities using it. Here is my card using this stamp.


I love the vintage look I got creating my background. If you have been following me any length of time you know that I seldom use commercial backgrounds. I was experimenting with different mediums and using an embossing folder to do rubbings. I tried different papers and decided that I liked the deli square paper the best. (I have a box of about a thousand so I have to find some use for them ;-) ) I also discovered that I liked the result I got using an oil pastel stick to rub over the folder. After I did my rubbing I went ahead and turned the paper over and randomly drew lines using a Dollar Tree metallic gold marker. I then adhered my deli paper to vanilla card stock which shows through where it was not colored with marker.

I had wanted to stamp my ornament with chalk but it did not work out. I then tried watercolor markers and that did not work out. Nor did my glitter markers but I noticed there was still glitter ink on the stamp so took an old VersaMark stamp pad which ended up with embossing powder on it when I forgot to close the lid. After stamping I used clear embossing powder. I used the purple glitter marker to edge the image. Then brushed iridescent medium over the ornament. Because the marker was not waterproof I got a purple tint.  Unfortunately I could not get a good picture to show the sheen on the ornament.

I hope you will join in the fun for the challenge. Details can be found here:http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/07/july-challenge-christmas-in-july.html

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)