Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hello Friend A Redo Card

Hi everyone I have had company for a little over a week now so don't have the crafting time. Also the sun has been beckoning me outdoors. Do stay tuned because I'll be doing a few photo posts as part of the reconnecting with nature party.

I did try some experimenting lately but alas my attempts failed. The packing tape transfer looked so easy in a video. I stamped on the packing tape using Stazon ink like was shown in the video but when I started to peel some of the backing of the designer paper I had under the packing tape in water the stamped image started to dissolve. I decided to go work on a card I had started. Alas I did not realize that there was water on my work surface and ruined my card base when I placed it on my table to work. Not being one to waste things I cut the undamaged front of the card base and made another card. Here is my redo card.
I happen to spy on my work table a scrap of 12 x 12 which was the perfect color and size to make a new card base. The front cut out panel I made be welding a lace border onto my rectangle card base. Later on I'll make a lace edged card and hopefully won't ruin it while working. LOL! 

I somehow managed to cut the front crooked when cutting off the back but the ribbon hides that so don't tell anyone. That will be our secret.

The green strip is origami rice paper which I had covered with packing tape to make a transfer. I should have realized something was up when it did not curl when I placed it in water. After soaking for several minutes the backing did not easily come off. I finally gave  up and soaked it overnight. Only to have too much of the backing coming off losing the green pattern. I went ahead and let the packing tape dry and cut off the part of the tape that was damaged. I actually like it better being narrowing here.

The Hello Friend was printed on clear tape using a Brother Label maker. The clear tape with black ink was the same price as the white so I went with clear since I can use it for cards or scrapbook pages. I adhered the tape to gold origami rice paper. I bought a pack of origami rice paper at a thrift store so I can make my own decorative tape. Since I was attaching the sentiment onto packing tape which is shiny I went and used  Zots glue dots.

To make the butterfly I used a scrap of the pink paper. I stamped on it using a dollar store foam stamp and Stazon ink. Then sprinkled lilac glitter embossing powder over it and heat embossed. I cut it out by hand and attached it with a foam square.

There you have it my redo card and a way to add a sentiment to a card if you have a label maker. If you don't have one you might be able to purchase one at a thrift store like I did. The tape at first glance looks to be expensive but believe me it will go a long way as well as you can find decent prices on it if you shop around.

I like the idea of the designer paper transfer so will try different papers. I want to see how it will work with wrapping paper as well as some other papers I have.

Off to enjoy the sunny weather and take more photos. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. My adventuresome friend, that is a nice save.
    You have far more patience than I do and that is a fact.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you certainly had your troubles. No one can tell though so that's a good thing. Lovely spring colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)