Thursday, December 14, 2017

Deck The Halls

Hi everyone sorry I've been MIA. Alas my playroom is an icebox so I've not been trying to organize the chaos. Much less doing any crafting.  I've been working on painting, hanging pictures and decorating for the holidays. Trying to turn the house into a home and making it guest ready as long as they don't plan to spend the night. LOL!

I wanted to do more than just have a wreath on the door and lights and garland on the railing. I saw an idea for decorating the porch lantern light and decided to try it. I already had a wire hanger. Although those are getting more difficult to find. I may have to see if a dry cleaner will either sell me some or give me a couple. I bought floral foam at Dollar Tree and at a thrift store picked up artificial flowers. Not that I didn't have any but I'm clueless where they are. In less than an hour I ended up with this Christmas decoration to provide cheer to those passing by or knocking on the door.



Good thing I tried hanging it before adding the flowers as I had to cut the foam in half.  I realized later that I should have cut the foam so it was not so thick. Also I should have left the hanger a little longer. I'll do that next time when I create a Spring one.  I went ahead and put flowers on the sides as well as the top since I wasn't sure what was going to show or not show. It was too cold to work on this outside and constantly putting it up to see how it was going to look. I think it turned out well and I have an attractive decoration for under two dollars.

Off to do more unpacking and maybe even baking some cookies. Nothing turns a house into a home faster than wonderful scents.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!




1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love it !!!! and you as well, my good friend.
    Hugs,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)