Saturday, October 7, 2017

Halloween Colors

Hi everyone can you believe that this month is Halloween. Or that it is Autumn already.

This week the challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room is Halloween colors. I thought you might be interested in knowing the meaning behind the colors used at Halloween.


The Meaning Behind the Halloween Colors

Black – The Color of Darkness and Death. ...
Orange – The Vibration of Life. ...
Red – The Color of Blood. ...
White – A Ghastly Color. ...
Purple – A Witches Brew. ...
Green – Monsters and Slime.

Scrap N' Dipity is giving away three digital images for one lucky winner.

Also today is World Card Making day. If you have time why don't you create a card and brighten up someone's day.


I used the Sicara Witch image for my card. She was printed in sepia tones instead of black and white. You might want to check to see if your printer has an option to print black and white images with other colors instead. Then she was colored with soft pastels as well as color pencils.

I have all of this shimmer card stock which I've been hoarding so I thought it would be fun to take a piece of the purple. I cut my scallop out with one of my few Spellbinder dies.

The scallop is on a gelli print I did on deli paper using acrylic paint and a stencil. When I pulled the stencil up the metallic acrylic paint pulled up creating an interesting peaked texture. I then went ahead and using a dark red marker airbrushed over the paint after it was dry. Because deli paper is like vellum that must adhesives will show through I adhered it to my black card base using decorative vinyl tape.

Time to get back to packing. I swear things in my craft room have been propagating since I last went to sleep. Wishing You Happy Frugal Crafting til we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting card and I love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shimmer on the purple. Very cute image. Good luck with your packing. Packing a stamping room isn't fun at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)