Saturday, May 6, 2017

Scrapbook Challenge #1

Hi everyone what an exciting day today is. Today is National Scrapbook day and Hiding In My Craft Room will have three challenges today starting at 1 p.m. central time. One lucky participant will get to pick out their choice of three digital stamp sets from MHK Designs for this first challenge.

MHK Designs sent me Serene Seaside for this challenge and I already had their Beachy Keen set so used both of them for my two ocean scrapbook pages.

I decided to go digital for my pages instead of doing hybrid pages. After playing with my seashell stencil in my embossing machine and using paint while the stencil was still on the page I took a photo. Now I have that piece for another project.



 For not doing scrapbook pages I think I did alright. Now that I found an album which I won't say how long has been gathering dust I'll make more pages for a friend of our trips together. It is fun looking at my ton of photos many of them which I've taken over the years and deciding which ones to use.

I've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again. Silhouette Studio a free software program for use with the Silhouette cutting machines. The software is a great way to do digital work even if you don't own a cutting machine. You can arrange your page and print directly from the program.

A tip I learned from a mixed media collage artist is to take photos of your play to use in other projects.  Even after I've used my stencil piece I'll still have the digital image to use as often as I wish.

I hope you will be able to craft on this day and join in the fun. Do come back and check out the next challenge at 2. You don't have to do a scrapbook page for that challenge. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)