Saturday, February 11, 2017

HIMCR Super Scraps Saturday

Hi everyone it is time for the Hiding In My Craft Room Super Scraps Saturday. The sponsor this week is Sami Stamps and one lucky person will win a $12 gift certificate.

I was allowed to pick one stamp for this challenge to use. It was difficult to pick one stamp since Sami Stamps has incredible digital stamps. I finally decided on "I Love The Rain" I love this image and had so much fun playing. Even if you are not a digital stamper check out the incredible stamps as you just might be converted to use one. 😉


While cleaning my playroom I found the scrap which I used for my background. This is a piece I played with acrylic paints and a brush


The dotted piece is a scrap of frosted plastic which curled when I sprayed frost paint on it. So I took it and ran it through my embossing machine. The embossing machine helped to flatten the piece a bit.

I printed my image twice on card stock. I was going to use a piece of  a scrap of gelli  print but the printing didn't show on it. So since I had already picked out a scrap of sheer fabric to use for the umbrella I went ahead and printed on the fabric the whole image. Then glued the gelli print on the girl. After that the fabric was glued on the image I cut the girl out and cut the fabric off the umbrella handle.

I love the texture from both the fabric and the frosted plastic which I embossed.


I had so much doing this piece. For my background I used a sheet of acrylic paper which is textured. Then I tried something I had never done before by wetting the paper and then taking a wet stipple brush applying different colors of metallic acrylic paint and allowing the paint to run. I used FolkArt but I think any brand of metallic paint would do.

The dotted is a scrap from my embossing the frosted plastic. My "Bring On The Rain" printed on deli paper.

The focal point is a transfer I made using a laser print of the "I Love The Rain" image. I did this transfer using caulk.  Now to go buy clear caulk to do more image transferring.

I printed and cut out the umbrella and then used a scrap of lace from the dress of a broken angel. The girl was colored with pencils.

Because it is difficult to adhere plastic without it showing I placed the embossed panel a little under the focal point. Then used glitter hearts from Dollar Tree at the corner. Then I went ahead and used those same hearts with the image transfer.

There you have it my two fun projects for Super Scraps Saturday. I hope you will join in this challenge as it is a good way to use both paper and fabric scraps.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Such a creative gal you are!!!
    Great cards.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Your background on the second card sounds fun to make. It certainly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)