Saturday, August 13, 2016

Under The Sea

With this month's challenge over at the Just For Fun Rubber Stamp blog being the beach/seashore I thought I would do a under the sea card. I love all the fantastic beach/seashore stamps they have so I went a little crazy. ;-) Some people left their heart in San Francisco but I left mine at the ocean.



I started by air brushing my ocean and the bottom of the ocean with Spectrum Noir markers. Then I took a seashell stencil and gold almost a ink paint. (Didn't realize how thin the medium was but am out of gold paint.)

Painted green metallic paint on paper designed for acrylic paint. Then cut out my vegetation using Spellbinders corner sprig dies.

I decided to stamp the large Just For Fun Large Seahorse on deli paper.  There is also a medium and small so a person could have a family. The great thing about stamping on deli paper is that the image will probably be crisp on the other side so you can reverse the image if you don't like the direction the stamp faces.

I looked at pictures of seahorses and saw some purple ones. I decided to color on the back with color pencils and then in places on the front to deepen the color.  Coloring on the back will to a certain extent mute the colors. It will also give a softer colored look so it depends on what effect you want.

On top I layered clear plastic from a page protector which I added drops of Dimensional Magic for bubbles. I discovered that creating drops with Tombow adhesive to adhere the plastic to the cardstock that you really have to look close to see where I glued the plastic down.

I hope you will join in the fun over at the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps blog. Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card. I love seahorses and didn't know they came in different colours. Love all the texture to this card. Hope you're staying cool. It's been dry and hot this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)