Saturday, July 9, 2016

A Christmas Buck

Dashing through the snow! And what will we see but a Buck in the forest. Yes, it is Christmas in July over at the Just For Fun blog. I really hope you will get a jump start on your holiday cards and join in the fun. Details can be found here:http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/07/july-challenge-christmas-in-july.html

This card went through different layouts before I was happy and this is the one I liked the best. By the way I used all scraps in my stash so no cutting up of full sheets of card stock for this card. Here is the reveal!


I picked up a pine cone on one of my walks with my dogs. When experimenting I like to use scraps only I usually like my experimenting so well that I end up using the scrap. LOL! I dipped the pine cone in Artist Loft metallic paint and randomly stamped all over the white card stock.

I then decided to see how acrylic ink would work with a stamp. Taking another scrap of white card stock I brushed the ink on the pine forest stamp. In a few places I got the ink too heavy but in this case it was no big deal. After the ink was dry I painted Liquitex Iridescent Medium on the top of the trees and under them. While still wet I sprinkled crystal glitter lightly. Once that was dry I used chalked to give the sky a little bit of color. Since this was stamped on a weird shape scrape and I went ahead and cut it out with a Spellbinder die. LOL! I only have two basic sets of dies.

Originally I was going to stamp the Buck on pattern card stock with clear embossing powder. I realized it had not stamped well before I heat embossed. Being the frugal crafter I am I went ahead and re-stamped with Stazon Timber Brown ink. Where the VersaMark ink was on the card stock the Stazon ink was resisted.  The Buck is actually a solid stamp. I cut the Buck out and then tied a piece of yarn for a scarf.

The sentiment was one I had previously stamped  on scrap but was not totally happy with for the project I had in mind after cutting it out free form.

There you have it my Christmas Buck or should I say a Scrappy Christmas. If you use scraps for experimenting and like them see if you can use them in a project even if they are not the size for the one you are working on. Also don't be afraid to use something even if it did not turn out how you thought it was going.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)