Sunday, May 1, 2016

Let's Hear It For Girls

Hi everyone Happy Mayday! Can you believe it is May already. Today kicks off a new challenge over on the Just For Fun Rubber Stamp blog. The challenge is "Let's Hear It For The Girls". Anything girl related. Here is my inspiration piece.

I remember back in the cave days wearing hats and it was fun. Seems now all I wear is knit hats in the winter and a straw hat in the Summer.

In memory of those days is this sweet lady who comes on one of the unmounted sheets along with shoes and other hat stamps. I decided to color my stamped image with color pencils. They have been collecting dust too long. She is mounted on corrugated poster board I found at Dollar Tree recently. Lace trim is glued around the corrugated panel. I love this hat quote and thought it would be fun to cut around some of the letters. The background is a scrap which I played around with Distress paint and water.

I hope you will join in this fun challenge. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the Victorian feel of your card. The lace border is so pretty. Great colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this card!!!!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this card!!!!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)