Saturday, April 9, 2016

Wish Big

Hi everyone! Today is my day to post at Just For Fun. On my bucket list is to go in a hot air balloon. I don't know if that will ever happen but when I saw all the hot air balloon stamps in the Summer 2015 collection over at Just For Fun I knew that I had to use one of the stamps for a project. I decided while I was at it to play. I took my stamp a little too soon out of the molding paste as I was afraid of ruining the stamp. Later I was told that it is best to keep the stamp in the paste until the paste dries.



My balloon panel is mounted on a scrap of pattern paper. I also stamped the sentiment from the unmounted sentiment 1 stamp. I painted the background that the balloon is embossed on using acrylic paint. The balloon was colored with paint, metallic markers, and Sharpies outlining it  to give definition.

Remember that the bird challenge is still going on at the Just For Fun blog. Details can be found here: http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/03/april-challenge-birds.html

May you wish Big and wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Being in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list too, and I think it will happen one day.

    Your design is very intruging. Isn't it fun to work with a stamp you so desire?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)