Saturday, October 10, 2015

Colorful Autumn Greetings

Hi everyone! I've been busy doing projects for future posts on the Just For Fun blog. As well as playing. Alas not all my play has been successful but that is the way it goes. I heard a good quote today "Give yourself permission to fail and then move on."

One of the things I've been trying to do is to foil stamped images without having to stamp them and then scan and print them with my laser printer. I thought perhaps my embossing ink was bad so bought a new pad but that didn't work either. I'm starting to think that my heat gun gets too hot for the Sticky Embossing powder because no matter how quickly I heat the powder it is not all that sticky. Anyway I was going to try the Sticky embossing powder using black ink but the card stock really absorbed the ink which I've used on other card stock for embossing and was dry before I could even sprinkle the powder. Being the frugal person I am I went ahead and used my Stamptangle stamped Oak leaf. Here is my colorful Autumn card.


Believe it or not the leaf was actually stamped on the same color of card stock as the background. I have so much fun changing colors of things. :-)

Details of how I did this card are on the Just For Fun blog. Colorful Autumn post.  As well as a closeup of the leaf.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back to see what I might be up. I have some interesting ideas to try out. As well as have scheduled some fun Autumn and holiday projects.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)