Sunday, September 20, 2015

Angels Among Us

Hi everyone I will just meet the deadline for the Mojo Monday #415 challenge. Tomorrow will be a new sketch challenge. I modified the sketch but here is the sketch.

Here is my original take:
Here is my redo:

I decided to go with the narrow gem trim instead of the wider panel. Also my stamped feather is larger than what the panel used for the sketch is and I didn't want to make a larger card.

The background was done in response to a personal challenge to use a tool you haven't used. I hate to admit it but the square stamping gear had never been opened. It been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for over a year. :-( I just bought some Cut N Dry Felt as well as some re-inkers so wanted to play with that. I mixed three colors on the felt and then had fun stamping away.

I wanted to see how Brusho Colour Crystals would work on Ranger's water color paper. I spritzed sprinkled and spritzed again. Then dried it with a heat gun. For my first embossing try neither the turquoise or white pearl embossing powder showed up. Then I decided to use Ranger Black Archival ink with the Stamptangle Feather 3 stamp by Just For Fun. I then used gold embossing powder.  Alas I accidentally got some gold glitter embossing powder mixed in with my gold embossing powder but I like the resulting look with just a hint of glitter in places.

I don't know if I like the green tag but I can always redo and use a different color. The sentiment was printed using a Brother Label maker.  When trying to come up with something for on the tag I remembered being told as a child when I found a feather that it was a reminder that angels are among us watching over us.

Do you like my redo better or the first one? What color would you do the tag?

I have been busy organizing and re-organizing in my apartment. Right now I'm working on a bedroom makeover. I will be getting rid of a bulky dresser and replacing with a wire affair which can be closed when I don't need access. With the bulky dresser out of the way and the bed placed in a different position I'll have the illusion of the room being bigger than it actually is. As well as actually have more storage for my clothes and accessories. Lol! I'm sure my son will be happy to know that when it comes time to help me move he won't have the dresser to move. In the meantime I have a lot of sorting and purging to do so if you don't hear from me you will know why.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. I like your redo, and probably would go with a gold tag. The green works well too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)