Saturday, July 5, 2014

Just Add Ink Shaker Challenge

Hi everyone I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Over at Just Add Ink there is a "Shaker" challenge this week. I have seen shaker cards but have only made one as part of a Stamping Up get together never one from scratch.  So into Studio I went and designed a card base with a cut out butterfly. Because as you know I love butterflies.This is my entry in the challenge.
After I cut out my card base I stamped the front using an Inkadinkado butterfly background stamp.  I was going to emboss with a white pearl embossing powder but there was Stazon ink left on the stamp and the liquid embossing dauber picked that color up. So although I had not planned to go purple purple is what I got. Which is alright because it was perfect for using the purple ribbon down the side.

 I don't know how other people make Shaker cards but I decided to cut a piece of plastic just a little larger than my opening. I cut out of card stock a panel the same size as the front of the card and glued the plastic on three sides to that. Filled my plastic panel with a large and finer glitter and then glued the top. To be on the safe side I then used packing tape all the way around the edges of the plastic. Glued my glitter filled  panel inside the card and added ribbon and my card was done.

If you have never made a "Shaker" card or used a "Shaker" technique on a layout I encourage you to do so. It is a fun element whether used on a card or on a scrapbook layout. Don't be afraid to try something new. Who knows you just might have a bit of fun along the way. :-) And that is what crafting is for me having fun.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, this turned out so beautifully. Good for you to try something new.
    I guess I better try making a shaker card, have always wanted to but never got brave enough to. Thanks for the little nudge.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterfly turned out wonderfully sparkly Myoriah. Love how you paired it up with the tiny butterfly background print. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple background you created. Looks like the has great texture to it also. Very pretty. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a big beautiful butterfly that really stands out off your card.

    A lovely entry in our just add a shaker challenge this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple, a butterfly, and glitter - just lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty shaker card. You really got original with this one. The butterfly is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)