Friday, July 12, 2013

Triple Embossed Card

Today would have been my late husband's birthday and I knew he would not want me to mope around all day so I decided to play. Because my "playroom" is a disaster I took my things into the kitchen and played on the kitchen table. I still have things to unpack in the "playroom" and to decide how to organize things.
The triple embossing technique is from Technique Junkies June/July newsletter. I decided to give it a try and it was fun combining different folders until I came up with a look that I liked. I ended up using two retired Sizzix folders and a Cuddlebug Organic Flourish border folder. The border flourish embossed a little bit into the Best Friends Forever embossed area but I don't think it looks too bad. I took some different inks (since all I could find was white card stock to emboss on) and rubbed over the embossing. The gold doesn't really show up all that well in the photo.

My focal point I used a rubber stamp by Cloud 9. I stamped with black ink and then colored with chalk. After I finished chalking the image I took a cotton ball and lightly rubbed gold ink over the panel giving it a subtle sheen. Then I rubbed a couple of colors of chalk over the whole panel in a circular motion. I edged the panel with gold ink.

While I was playing and had my embossing folders out I went ahead and tried the Hand Made paper tutorial from the newsletter. I have to wait for my paper to dry before I can turn it into a card. I had fun putting my own twist on the paper making by painting with my metallic water colors to add color. Now if I can find my paper dedicated blender I want to see if I can make a paper pulp out of scrap paper and put it in an embossing folder to make embossed paper.

Thank you for stopping by and looking. I hope I have inspired you today to try something different with your embossing folder.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    It turned out lovely!!!
    You put a lot of work into your craft and it shows.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this one, Myoriah! The embossing you did turned out beautifully. Well-chosen embossing folders. I'm glad you turned to your talents to keep the blues away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely card. I know your husband would be proud. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myoriah

    Thank you so much for the information! Now I need to figure out how to print this out for future reference! I’m not very smart when it comes to computers or cameras! I want to tell you about Wooden business cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)